Sunday, January 31, 2021

BIRTH OF SAYYIDA FATIMAH ZAHRA (S.A.)

 

As the food, persistent want, earnest desire, and psyche influences the conception of a baby, hence Almighty Allah planned and directed His Messenger for the birth of his beloved daughter Sayyida Fatimah Zahra (s.a.).

Gabriel descended to the Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) and told him, “O Muhammad! The Most Exalted sends peace upon you, and commands you to refrain from (coming close to) Khadija for forty days.” The Prophet who loved and adored Khadija (in obedience to Allah’s command), spent forty days fasting and praying nights. At the end of forty days, Gabriel descended once again to Allah’s Messenger and said, “O Muhammad! The Most Exalted sends His peace upon you, and commands you to be prepared for His salutation, and a gift.” At that moment Michael (Mika’eel) descended with a plate with a handkerchief made of brocade and presented to the Prophet. Gabriel said to him,” O Muhammad! your Lord commands you to break your fast today with this food tonight.” Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib said in this regard: “The Prophet used to order me to open the door to whoever wanted to join him when he came to break his fast, but that night he ordered me to guard the door of the house, and said to me, “O son of Abu Talib! This food is forbidden to everyone save me.” Then he (Ali) said, “I sat at the door, and the Prophet uncovered the plate, in privacy, to find a cluster of dates and a bunch of grapes, he ate until satisfied, and drank his need of water. He then extended his hands to be washed, so Gabriel poured the water, Michael washed his hands, and Israfil dried them. Thereafter, the remaining food with the plate ascended to heaven. The he started to prepare himself for prayer when Gabriel said to him, “Prayer is forbidden to you until you go to Khadija and perform coition with her; for Allah (Glory be to Him) ordained upon Himself to create noble progeny from you tonight.’ So, he rushed to Khadija’s house.”

Khadija said, “I had got used to seclusion by that time, so when night arrived, I covered my head, put down the curtains, locked the doors, performed my prayers, put out the lantern, and retired to my bed. That night when I was between the states of sleeping, and being awake, the Prophet knocked at the door; so, I exclaimed: Who is knocking on the door that only Muhammad knocks on? The Prophet gently and politely replied: “Open the door Khadija, I am Muhammad” Khadija said, “I cheerfully got up, and opened the door for the Prophet to come in. He usually requested the water jug to perform ablution, and two short prayer prostrations before he retired. On the contrary, he did not request the jug, nor did he perform prayers…. instead, what occurs between a woman and her husband occurred between us; by Allah, who created the heavens, and caused water to come out of springs, before the Prophet left me, I felt Fatima’s weight in my womb…”

Source: Fatima the Gracious by Abu Muhammad Ordani     

        (13/21)                                                                                                  TAHAWWUR ALI MIRZA         

No comments:

Post a Comment