Saturday, March 10, 2018

SAHIFA-E-FATIMA (SUPPLICATIONS AND SERMONS)


Sayyida Fatima Zahra (s.a.), who was the only daughter of the Best of Creation, the Chief of all Prophets, the Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.), whose titles include Siddiqah, Tahirah, Mubarakah, Batool, Raziah, Marziah, Muhaddesah, Umme Abiha etc. She was called by her father as the Chief of the women of the world. She was the wife of Imam Ali (a.s.) who is called “the distributor of Paradise or Hell”. She was the mother of “The Princes of Paradise” as declared by the Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.). She was one of the “Fourteen Infallibles”. Her duas and supplications and sermons have been collected in a book called “Sahifa-e-Fatima”
The Sahifa contains 68 Duas which cover Duas for week days, supplications after 5 times obligatory prayers, Duas to be recited at different situation in life and the life Hereafter. It also includes her sermons on Fadak, for women of Muhajir and Ansar, defense of Imam Ali (a.s.)’s rights and her Golden Sayings.
Sayyida Fatima Zahra (s.a.)’s Dua on entering the Paradise: “All Praise is for Allah Who has removed sorrow from us. Surely Our Lord is Forgiving, Appreciative, Who has settled us in the everlasting abode. By His Grace, we are not touched in it by toil, nor by fatigue (35:34,35). O Allah, You are the Gracious, and more than Gracious. I ask You that You do not punish through the fire, those who love me and those who love my family.”   
Although, she was an infallible but being at the height of humility, she supplicates after Salaat al-Dhuhur. It is reproduced in a condensed form as under:
“Praise be to Allah who has made me not deny anything of His Book, who has guided me to His religion, and not made me worship anything other than Him. O Allah make agonies of death easy for me, alleviate its severity. Make my soul among the successful souls. When I am alone in the grave, I miss Your Mercy, and need my virtuous deeds. Then bless my resurrection and reckoning. Send with me, O My Lord, a light from Your Mercy moving with me on my right hand to assure me and make my heart steadfast, honor my face, confirm my speech and put me in the high rank of your Paradise, and grant me the companionship of Muhammad, your slave and Messenger in the highest rank of Paradise, and its best virtue, best gift , and most successful aspiration with those upon whom you have bestowed favors from among the prophets, the truthful, the martyrs and the righteous. O Allah, have blessings on Muhammad, the last of the prophets, and on all the prophets and messengers, and on all the angels, and on his good, pure progeny, and on all the imams of guidance. O Allah, have blessing on Muhammad as You have guided us by him, have blessings on him as You have had Mercy on us by him, have blessing on Muhammad as You have preferred us by him, have blessing on Muhammad as You have honored us by him, have blessing on Muhammad as You have saved us from an abyss of Fire. O You, the Most Generous, You have opened the door of supplication and repentance, so do not close before me the door of acceptance and save me by Your Mercy from Fire. O Most Gracious, Most Perfect, Most Glorious, Most Lofty, do not let an enemy or envier rejoice at my misfortune , and do not let an oppressive ruler overpower me nor a mutinous devil, by Your Mercy, O the Most Merciful of the merciful, and there is no power save in Allah, the Most High, the Most Great, and may Allah have blessing and peace on Muhammad and his progeny.”

Sources: scribed.com/sahifa Fatima pdf (Urdu), Duas.org

No comments:

Post a Comment