Sunday, March 4, 2018

BIRTH OF THE CHIEF OF THE WOMEN OF THE WORLD - SAYYIDA FATIMA ZAHRA (S.A.)


Generally, the food eaten by the parents, has an enormous effect on the future development of the child, because it is from this food the sperm is formed, and carried on to the womb to grow and become a human being. Furthermore, the psychological state of the parents during sexual intercourse has a significant effect on the child’s state of the mind, and his/her psychological behavior in future. Besides, the persistent want and earnest desire to have sexual intercourse are influential on the appearance, and intelligence of the child.
It is worth noting how Allah (s.w.t.) was arranging the birth of “The Chief of the women of the world”, “The Lady of Paradise”, the person whom the Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) was to name, “Fatima Baz’atu Minni” (Fatima is a part of me) and call her “Umme Abi’ha” (Mother of her Father). Allama Muhammad Baqir Majlisi writes in “Bihar al-Anwar” volume 6: The Archangel Jibril descended and told him (s.a.w.a.s.), “O Muhammad! Allah the Most Exalted sends His peace upon you, and commands you to refrain from (come close to) Khadija for forty days.” Near the end of forty days, he (s.a.w.a.s.) sent Ammar Yassir to Sayyida Khadija (s.a.) and gave the message, “O Khadija! Do not think my separation from you means abandoning you, my Lord commanded me to do so and He praises you to His most honorable angels several times a day. I will be staying at (Hazrat) Fatima binte Asad’s house. At the end of forty days Angels Jibril and Mikhail descended and brought a plate covered with brocade handkerchief and said, Muhammad! Your Lord commands you to break your fasting with this food tonight.” Imam Ali (a.s.) said, “The Noble Prophet (s.a.w.a.s.) uncovered the plate to find a cluster of dates and a bunch of grapes; he ate until satisfied and drank his need of water. MichaĆ«l washed his hands and Isra’fil dried them. The remaining food with the plate ascended to the heaven. Then he (s.a.w.a.s.) started to prepare for prayers when Jibril said to him, “Prayer is forbidden to you until you go to Khadija’s house.” Sayyida Khadija (s.a.) said, “As usual I locked my door, performed my prayer and retired to my bed. Then there was knock at the door and Muhammad entered the room. Unlike his usual practice of performing prayers, instead what occurs between a woman and her husband occurred between us, before the Prophet left I felt Fatima’s weight in my womb.”
The above narration was also mentioned by the following Sunni Muslims scholars: Khwarizmi in Maqtal al-Husayn (p63 and p68), Dahabi in al-Etedal (v2 p 26), Talkhees al-Mustadrak (v.3 p. 156) and Asqalani in Lisan al-Mizan (v4 p. 36)
In Amali of Shaikh al-Saduq, it is narrated by the Infallible Imam al-Reza (a.s.) that the Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) said, “On the night of my Ascension to Heaven, Jibril took my hand and led me into Paradise, the he handed me dates from which I ate; those dates formed into sperm. Then I descended to Earth, I came unto Khadija who became pregnant with Fatima; thus, Fatima is human huri, whom whenever I long for Paradise I smell.”
Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi writes, “From a narrative of both Shia and Sunni scholars, we read, the Prophet on the night of Ascension was passing through Heaven, Jibril gave some of the fruit of Tooba tree, and when the Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) returned to earth, the seed of Fatima Zahra was coagulated from that heavenly fruit.” It is reported that the Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) kissed Fatima (s.a.) frequently and on the criticism of A’isha, he replied, “Whenever I kissed Fatima, I smell the scent of Highest Heaven in her.”
Tabari in Dhakaer al-Uqbi, Asfuri in Shafai in Nuzhat al-Majalis and Qunduzi in Ynabe al Muwaadha narrated that Khadija said, “When the delivery time came near, I sent for the Quraishan midwives who refused to help me because I married Muhammad. During child birth, four beautiful women entered the house to help me in child birth; they were Mother Eve, Umm Kulthum, Musa’s sister, Asia bint Muzahim and Mariam bint Imran.”

Sources: Fatima, the Gracious by Muhammad Ordani, Bihar al-Anwar by Allama Muhammad Baqir Majlisi (r.a.), Fatima az-Zahra, World’s Most Outstanding Lady by Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi, Yanabe al-Muwaddah by Qunduzi

No comments:

Post a Comment