Wednesday, August 21, 2019

THE NOBLE MESSENGER (S.A.W.A.S.)'S SERMON AT GHADEER-E-KHUMM


The Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) spoke in front of the 132,000 Hajis for 3 hours in which he surveyed Islam and enumerated Imam Ali (a.s.)’s contributions from Dawat-ul-Zulasheerah, when he (a.s.) was 11 or 13 years old, to date.

Some of his (s.a.w.a.s.) narrations are given below:
“O Messenger! Convey what has been revealed to you (about Ali), and if you do not do so, you will not have conveyed His Message at all. And Allah shall protect you from (evil) people. Surely Allah will not guide the unbelieving people (5:67). Three times did Gabriel command me on behalf of my Lord to make thus a stand to inform every one black and white that: Ali ibn Abi Talib is my Brother, Wasi, and Successor over my nation and the Imam after me, the one whose status to me is like Aaron to Moses except there will be no prophet after me, and he is your master next only to Allah and to His Messenger and Allah has already revealed to me in one of the fixed verses of His Book saying, “Your Master is Allah and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay zakat even as they bow down” (5:55) and, Ali ibn Abi Talib the one keeps up prayers, who pays zakat even as he bows down, seeking to please Allah, on each and every occasion. I asked Gabriel to plead to Allah to excuse me from having to convey such a message to you due to my knowledge that the pious are few while the hypocrites are many. O people! Allah has installed him (Ali) as your Master and Imam, obligating Muhajirun and Ansar and those who follow them in goodness to obey him and so should everyone who believes in His Unity. His decree shall be carried out. His (Ali’s) word is binding; his command is obligating; cursed is whoever opposes him, blessed with mercy is whoever follows him and believes in him, for Allah has already forgiven him and forgiven whoever listens to him and obey him.

O people! This is the last stand I make in such a situation, so listen and obey, and submit to the Command of Allah, then next to Him is His Messenger and Prophet who is now addressing you, then after me Ali is your Master and Imam according to the Command of Allah, then the Imams from among my Progeny, his offspring, till the Day you meet Allah and His Messenger. O people! Prefer him (Ali) over all others! There is no knowledge except that Allah has divulged it to me , and all the knowledge I have learned I have divulged to Imam al-Muttaqeen (leader of the righteous), and he is al-Imam al-Mubin (the evident imam) whom Allah mentions in Surah Ya-Sin….and everything We have computed is in (the knowledge of) an evident Imam.” (36:12) O people! Do not abandon him, nor should you flee away from him, nor should you be too arrogant to accept his authority, for he is the one who guides to righteousness and who acts according to it. He defeats falsehood and prohibits others from acting according to it, accepting no blame from anyone while seeking to please Allah. He is first to believe in Allah and in His Messenger; none preceded him as such. And he is one who offered his life as a sacrifice for the Messenger of Allah and who was in the company of the Messenger of Allah while no other man was. He is the first people to offer prayers and the first to worship Allah with me. I ordered him, on behalf of Allah, to sleep in my bed, and he did, offering his life as a sacrifice for my sake. O people! Prefer him (over all others), for Allah has preferred him, and accept him, for Allah has appointed him (as your leader). O people! He is an Imam appointed by Allah, and Allah shall never accept the repentance of anyone who denies his authority, nor shall He forgive him, and that He shall torment him with a most painful torment for all time to come, so, beware lest you should oppose him. O people Prefer Ali (over all others) for he is the very best of all people after me. Cursed and again cursed, condemned and again condemned, is anyone who does not accept this statement of mine. Gabriel has informed of this: “Anyone who antagonizes Ali and refuses to accept his Wilayat shall incur My curse upon him My Wrath. O people! He (Ali) is Janb-Allah. The Almighty Allah forewarning his (Ali’s) adversaries says, “Lest a soul should say: O woe unto me for what I fell short of my duty to Allah, for most surely I was of those who laughed to scorn.” (39:56) O people! Ali and the good ones from among my offspring from his loins are the Lesser Weight, while the Qur’an is Greater One: each one of them informs you and agrees with the other. They shall never part till they meet me at the Pool (of Kawthar). They are the Trustees of Allah over His creation, the rulers on earth. There is no Amirul Momineen (Commander of the Faithful) save this Brother of mine; no authority over a believer is permissible after me except to him.

                                                                             Continued  

Source: Duas.org (With 43 reliable Sunnis and Shiah references)


No comments:

Post a Comment