Sunday, June 9, 2019

THE SERMON OF THE NOBLE MESSENGER (S.A.W.A.S.) AT GHADIR-E-KHUMM


When the Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) performed the last Hajj in the year 10 A.H. along with 120,000 Muslims, The Divine Command came at Arafa about the “Wilayah” of Imam Ali (a.s.), Surah Ma’idah Ayah 67 refers. Again, at Mina, He reminded the Muslims about this urgent matter and recited the “Hadees-e-Thaqalayn”. On Dhull Hijjah18, 10 A.H. when he reached Ghadir Khumm, Imam Ali (a.s.) joined him with 12,000 Muslims from Yemen. The Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) delivered a long sermon highlighting his mission. Excerpts from his sermon are given below:

“First, he praised Allah (s.w.t.), then testified about his prophet hood followed by “The Ayah of Wilayah” as stated in Surah Al-Ma’idah Ayah 67, “O Messenger, proclaim what is revealed to you from your Lord. If you did not do so, it will be as though you have not conveyed His message. Allah protects you from men. He does not guide the unbelieving people.” O ‘people I have not committed any shortcoming in conveying what Allah Almighty revealed to me. Three times Gabriel commanded me on behalf of Allah to inform you that Ali ibn Abi Talib is my brother, Wasi, and successor over my nation and Imam after me, the one whose status to me is like that of Haroon to Musa except there will be no prophet after me, and he is your master next only to Allah and to His Messenger and Allah has already revealed to me in one of the fixed verses of His Book saying, “Your Master is Allah and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay zakat even when they bow down” (5:55) and Ali ibn Abi Talib is the one who keeps up the prayers, he pays zakat even as he bows down, seeking to please Allah, the Sublime, the Almighty on each and every occasion.

There is no knowledge except that Allah has divulged it to me, and all the knowledge I have learned I have divulged it to Imam al-Muttaqeen (leader of the righteous), and there is no knowledge (that I know) except that I divulged it to Ali, and he is Imam al-Mubeen (the evident Imam) whom Allah mentions in Surah al-Yaseen:…..and everything We have computed is in (the knowledge of) an evident Imam. (36:12)

O people! Do not abandon him, he is the one who guides to righteousness. He defeats falsehood and prohibits others from acting upon it, accepting no blame from others while seeking to please Allah. He is first to believe in Allah and in His Messenger. And he is the one who offered his life as a sacrifice his life for the Messenger of Allah. He is the first to offer prayer. I ordered him, on behalf of Allah, to sleep in my bed, and he did, sacrificing his life for my sake.
O people! He is an Imam appointed by Allah, and Allah shall never accept the repentance of anyone who denies his authority, nor shall He forgive him; this is a must decree from Allah never to do so to anyone who opposes him, and that He shall torment him with a most painful torment for all time to come, for eternity; so, beware lest you should oppose him and thus enter the fire the fuel of which is the people and the stones prepared for the unbelievers.

O people! Prefer Ali (over all others), for he is the very best after me. Cursed and again cursed, condemned and again condemned, is anyone who does not accept this statement of mine. Gabriel himself has informed me of the same on behalf of Allah Almighty Who he said (in Gabriel’s words): “Anyone who antagonizes Ali and refuses to accept his Wilayah shall incur My curse upon him and My Wrath” “……and let every soul consider what it has sent forth for the morrow, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah.” (59:18)

O people! He (Ali) is “Janb-Allah” mentioned in Qur’an (39:56), the Sublime one, The Almighty, forewarning (Ali’s) adversaries, says, “Lest a soul should say: O woe unto me for what I fell short of my duty to Allah, and most surely I was of those who laughed to scorn” 

                Source: The Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.)’s sermon at Ghadeer-e-Kuhmm (Dua’s.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment