Sunday, September 13, 2015

ALLAMA MUQADDAS ARADABILI (R.A.)

His name was Muhammad ibne Ahmed and was born in Ardbel, in Azerbaijan, at that time a province of Iran. He authored many books. Two of his books were very famous; one was “Zabdat al Bayan” that deals with all the Ayahs of the Glorious Qur’an dealing with “Fiqh”, the other book was “Hadiqat al- Nadiya” on the lives of the Fourteen Infallibles. Among his disciples were so many Muj’tahids that beside Shaikh Tusi, none had this many disciples. Among his disciples was the author of “Mu-Aaalim”, the son of Shaheed-e-Saani. This book is on Fiqh and is being taught in the curriculum of Shia Seminaries all over the world.
Throughout his life, he did not do any permissible (Mubah) act. He performed only mandatory (Wajib) and optional (Mustahab) acts! He met Imam Zamana several times, unlike our eminent ulema who meet the Imam only once or two times! Muqaddas Ardabili was acknowledged as a Marja of his time when his contemporaries were Mir Baqar Damad and Shaikh Baha’i. His great achievement was that he put new life into the Seminary of Najaf-e-Ashraf which was founded by Shaikh Tusi and is producing thousands of Mujtahids for the last one thousand years. It is reported that his piety was like the manners of the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.s.), the valor of the Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali (a.s.), and the magnanimity of Hatim Ta’i.
His scholastic achievement may be gauged by a dream he had and narrated by himself: “I saw in the dream that the Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) and Prophet Musa were sitting. Prophet Musa asked the Messenger pointing towards me: Who is this person?” The Messenger replied: “He is one of the scholars from my Ummat” Prophet Musa asked me: “Tell me what is your name ?” I replied: “My name is Muhammad ibne Ahmed and I am from a place called Ardbil. These days I am residing in Najaf-e-Ashraf.” Hazrat Musa said: “I have just asked your name. Why did you give such a lengthy introduction?” I replied: “In Surah al-Ta’Ha when you went in search of fire and you heard a voice’ O Musa! I am your God. What is in your hand? You replied’ in my right hand is my staff. I take its support while I sit on the ground. With it I herd my sheep and there are several other uses of this staff of mine.” Prophet Musa replied: “It was my first experience of conversing with Allah. I wanted to prolong my conversation.” I replied: “O Allah’s Prophet! I am conversing with you for the first time and wanted to prolong my conversation with you.” Prophet Musa turned to the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.s.) and said: “You had rightly said that the Ulema in your Ummat are like the prophets of Bani Isra’il.”

Safavid Dynasty was ruling over Iran and Shah Abbas was the king at that time. One time he was furiously angry with one of his ministers.  The minister approached Muqaddas Ardabili and requested for his help. Muqaddas Ardbili wrote a letter to Shah Abbas starting with the words: “To Shah Abbas, the founder of a temporary realm: This person was an oppressor but is now the oppressed! You must now pardon and forgive him and Allah might forgive you!” Shah Abbas was a very big king like King Akbar of India. When the king Shah Abbas learned that a letter had arrived from Muqaddas Ardabili, he stood up, took the letter in his hands with great respect, touched it to his eyes, opened it and read it and immediately ordered to comply with the orders of Muqaddas Ardabili and requested him to remember the king in his prayers!

Muqaddas Ardabili had a great status in view of Allah (s.w.t.). In those days there were no proper arrangements for the supply of water. People would draw water from the wells. It was late night and Muqaddas Ardabili was drawing water from the well for night prayer (Namaz-e-Shab) at the Mausoleum of Imam Ali (a.s.). He put the bucket tied to a rope in the well. When he drew it out, it came out full of precious stones and not water. He turned back the precious stones in the well, put the rope and bucket in the well, drew them back and again he found that only precious stones came out. His eyes watered. He said, “O Allah! I want water for my ablution and not any riches!” He put the bucket in the well a third time and he got pure water from the well!

During the famine, he would cut small pieces from his expensive turban, distribute it to the poor, and the rich people will buy it as tabarruk. In this way, the poor were supported by him. Once, when he distributed the food material to the poor, his wife was upset. He went straight to Masjid-e-Kufa and did “E’tikaf” for 3 days. When he returned home his wife told him that she had received bags of quality flour sent by him! He knew who had sent the flour. He immediately performed prayer of thanks.

He died in the year 993 A.H. and was laid to rest on the left corner of Imam Ali (a.s.) Mausoleum in Najaf-e-Ashraf.
Please also read “Meetings with Imam Mahdi during Great Occultation”


Condensed from Islamic-Laws.com

No comments:

Post a Comment