Friday, February 7, 2014

IMAM ALI (A.S.)'S DUA-E-KUMAIL - 2

My Nourisher! Have Mercy on the infirmity of my body, the delicacy of my skin and brittleness of my bones.
O Thou, Who originated my creation, and accorded my individuality, and ensured my upbringing and welfare and provided my sustenance, I beg You to restore Your favors and Blessings upon me as You did in the beginning of my life.
O My God! My Master! My Lord! And my Nourisher! What! Will You see me punished with the fire kindled by You despite my belief in Your Unity? And despite the fact that my heart is filled with pure knowledge of You and my tongue has repeatedly praised You and my conscience has acknowledged your love and despite my sincere confessions of my sins and my humble entreaties submissively made to Your Divinity?
Nay! You are far too generous to destroy one whom You have nourished and supported, or to drive away from Yourself one whom You have kept under Your protection or to scare away one whom You have given shelter, or to abandon in affliction to one You have maintained and to whom You have been Merciful.
I wish I have known O my Master my God! And my Lord! Will You inflict fire on the faces which have submissively bowed in prostration to Your greatness, or upon the tongues which have sincerely confirmed Your Unity and have always expressed gratitude to You or upon hearts which have acknowledged your Divinity with conviction or upon the minds which have accumulated so much knowledge of You until they became submissive to You, or upon the limbs which strove, at the places appointed for Your worship or to adore You willingly and seek Your forgiveness submissively.
Such sort of harshness is not expected of You as it is remote from Your Grace O Generous one!
O Lord! You are aware of my weakness to bear minor affliction of this world and its consequence and adversity affecting the denizen of this earth, although such afflictions are momentary, short lived and transient.
How then can I bear the retributions and punishments of the Hereafter, which are enormous and of intensive sufferings, of prolong period and perpetual duration, and which shall never be alleviated for those who deserve the same as those retributions will be the result of Your Wrath; and Your punishment which neither the heavens nor the earth can withstand and bear!
My Lord! How can a weak, insignificant, poor, humble and destitute creature of Your be able to bear them?
O my God! My Lord! My King! And Master! Which of the matters shall I complain to You and for which of them shall I bewail and weep?
Shall I bewail for the pains and pangs of the punishment or their intensity or for the length of the sufferings and their duration.
Therefore my Lord! If You subject me to the penalties of Hell in company of Your enemies and cast me those who merited Your punishment and tear me apart from Your friends and those who will be near to You, then my God, my Lord and my Master, though I may patiently bear Your punishments, how can I calmly accept being kept away from You?
I reckon that though I may patiently endure the scorching fire of Your Hell, yet how can I resign myself to the denial of Your pity and clemency? How can I remain in fire while I have hopes of Your forgiveness?
O my Lord! By Your honor truly I swear that if You allow my power of speech to be retained by me in the Hell, I shall among its inmates cry out bewailing unto You like the cry of those who have faith in Your kindness and compassion.
And I shall bemoan for You for being deprived of nearness to You the lamentation of those who are bereaved, and I shall keep on calling unto You: “Where are You O friend of the believers! O You is the last hope and resort of those who acknowledge You and have faith in Your clemency and kindness; O You who are the helper of those seeking help! O You are dear to the hearts of those who truly believe in You! And O who is the Lord of the Universe.
My Lord! Glory and praise be to You, would You wish to be seen disregarding the voice of a Muslim bondman, incarcerated in the Hell for his disobedience and imprisoned within its pits for his evil doing and misdeeds, crying out to You the utterance of one who has faith in Your Mercy and calling out to You in the language of those who believe in Your unity and seeking to approach You by means of Your epithet  “the Creator, the Nourisher,  the Accomplisher, and the protector of the entire universe.
My Lord! Then how could he remain in torments when he hopefully relies upon Your past forebearance, compassion and Mercy?
And how can fire cause him sufferings when he hopes for Your Grace and Mercy and how can its roaring flames char him when You hear his voice and see his plight? And how can he withstand its roaring flames when You know his flairness? And how can he be tossed about between its layers when You know his sincerity? And how can guards of Hell threaten him when he calls out to You?
“My Lord”, and how would You abandon him therein the Hell when he has faith in Your Grace to set him free?
Alas! That is not the concept held by us for neither You nor Your Grace such a reputation nor does it resemble nor that which You have awarded by Your kindness and generosity to those who believe in Your Unity.
I definitely conclude that had You not ordained punishment for those who disbelieved in You and had You not decried Your enemies to remain in Hell, You would have made Hell cold and peaceful there and there would have not been a place or abode for any one in it, but sanctified by Your Names, You have sworn to fill the Hell with the disbelievers among the Jinn and mankind together and to place forever Your enemies therein.
And You, exalted be Your praises, had made manifest, out of Your generosity and kindness that a believer is not like unto him as an unbeliever.
My Lord! My Master! I, therefore implore You by that power which You determine and by the decree You have finalized and ordained by which You have prevailed upon whom You have imposed it, to bestow upon me this night, this very hour the forgiveness for all the transgressions I have been guilty of , for all the sins I have committed, for all the loathsome acts that I have kept secret, and for the evils done by me, secretly or openly, in concealment and outwardly, and for evil action that You have ordered the two noble scribes to confirm whom You have appointed to record all my actions and be witness over me along with the limbs of my body, while observe over me besides them  and was to those acts which were concealed from them? Which You in Your Mercy has kept secret and through Your kindness unexposed.
O Lord! O Lord! O Lord! O My God! My Lord! My King! O Master of my freedom, O You who hold my destiny and who is aware of my sufferings and poverty, O You who knows my destitution and starvation, O My Lord! O Lord! O Lord!  
I beseech You by Your Glory and Your Honor, by Your supremely high attributes and by Your Names to cause me to utilize my time, day and night, in Your remembrance, by engaging myself in serving Your cause, and let my deeds be such that as to be acceptable to You, so much so that all my actions and offering (prayers) may be transferred into one continuous and sustained effort and my life may take the form of constant and perpetual service to You.
O my Master! O upon whom I rely. O You unto whom I express my distress. O my Lord! My Lord! My Lord! Strengthen my limbs for Your service and sustain the strength of my hands to persevere in Your service and bestow upon me the eagerness to fear You and to constantly serve You.
So that I may lead myself towards You in the field with the vanguard who are in the fore rank and be swift towards You among those who hasten towards You and urge eagerly to be near You and draw myself towards You like them who sincerely draw themselves towards You and to fear You like the fear of those who believe firmly in You and thus I may join the congregation of the faithful congregated near You (for protection).
O Allah! Whosoever intends evil against me, let ill fall upon him and frustrate him who plots against me and assign for me a place in Your presence with the best of Your bondsmen and nearer abode to You, for verily that position cannot be attained except through Your Grace and treat me benevolently, and through Your Greatness extend Your Munificence towards me and through Your Mercy protect me and cause my tongue to accentuate Your remembrance and my heart filled with Your love and be liberal to me by Your Gracious response and cause my evil to appear fewer and forgive me my errors for verily, You have ordained for Your bondsmen Your worship and hidden them to supplicate unto You and have assured them of Your response.
So my Lord! I look earnestly towards You and towards You, I have stretched forth my hands therefore, by Your Honor, respond to my supplication and let me attain my wishes and, by Your Bounty, frustrate not my hopes and protect me from the evils of my enemies, from the Jinn and mankind, O You who is readily pleased, forgive him who owns nothing but supplication for You do what You Will O You! Whose Name is remedy (for all ills) and Whose remembrance is a sure cure for all ailments and obedience to Whom makes one self sufficient; have Mercy on one whose only asset is hope and whose only armor is lamentation.
O You! Who perfects all Bounties and Who wards-off all misfortunes! O Light! Who illuminate those who are in bewilderment! O Omniscient! Who knows without acquisition of learning! Bless Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) and the Descendants (a.s.) of Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) and do unto me in accordance with that which befits You, and deal with me not in accordance to my worth.

May the Blessings of Allah be bestowed upon His Apostle and the Rightful Imams from his Descendants and His peace be upon them plentifully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment