Thursday, December 29, 2022

VIRTUES OF AMIR-UL-MOMINEEN BY IMAM ALAN-NASSA'IY

Imam an-Nassa’iy was a Sunni scholar. His books were considered among the great Six Correct books (Saha Sitta). He was born in the year 215 AH and was martyred in the year 303 A.H by the Kharijites for compiling the book praising Imam Ali (a.s.) while reciting excerpts from the book on pulpit in Cairo. They asked him to recite any hadith about Moa’wia. He recited the only hadith which says, “May God never satiate Muwiya’s hunger.” He was pulled down from pulpit and severely beaten up. His will was that he should be taken to Makkah and buried between Safa and Marwa mounts.

He had collected many hadiths on Imam Ali (a.s.)’s virtues. We have collected those hadiths given number of hadith repeated in the text.

Imam Ali (a.s.) said, “I was the first one who offered prayer with the Messenger of Allah.” (2,3,4,5)

Imam Ali (a.s.) said, “I am the servant of Allah and the brother of His Messenger. I am as-Siddiq al Akbar. No one claims it after me except a liar. I offered the prayer seven years before all the people did.” (8)

The Messenger of Allah said on the day of al-Juhfa, “O People, I am your guardian, then lifting Ali’s hand he said, ‘This is my successor and deputy, who carries out my tasks. Surely Allah supports whoever supports him and is enemy to whoever shows enmity to him.” (9)

One day, the Prophet had a fried bird. He said, “O Allah, bring me the most beloved one to You from all Your creation to eat with me from this bird. Abu Baker and Umar came but he did not permit both of them and then Ali came and he permitted him to eat the bird with him. (10)

Muawiya asked Sa’d bin Waqas, “What prevents you from abusing Abu Turab?” He replies “As long as I recollect three things the Messenger said to Ali, I shall never abuse him. “I heard the Messenger saying, “Are you not pleased to be to me as Harun was to Musa except that there shall be no prophethood after me. And I heard him saying on the day of battle of Khyber, I will give the banner to a man who loves Allah and His Messenger and whom Allah and His Messenger love.” Next day he said, “Call Ali to me.” Ali came while his eyes were sour, the Messenger applied his saliva in Ali’s eyes and gave him the banner. And thirdly when the verse of Purification was revealed that ‘Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House, and to purify you a (thorough) purification.(33:33) the messenger of Allah called Ali, Fatima, Hasan and Hussain and declared, O Lord, these are the people of my House. (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) and (24)

Ali’s heart has been tried with faith. Prophet said to the Quraysh, “By Allah, He will send a man who has been tested with faith and he will strike you for religion and he is mending my shoes right now (Imam Ali)” (31)

The Prophet sent Imam Ali to Yemen when he was very young and said, “Allah will guide your heart and make your tongue firm” Imam Ali said, “After that I did never doubt about judging between two persons.” (32) (33) (34) (35) (36)

The Prophet ordered the doors of companions except Ali’s door. Some people criticized it. Then the Prophet ascended the pulpit and said, “By Allah, I neither closed nor opened (by myself), but I have been ordered of something (by Allah) and I followed it.” (38) (39) (40) (41) (42)

Source: Virtues of Amirol Momineen Ali ibn Abi Talib by Imam al-Nassa’iy Translated by A.K.Ahmed and Abdullah al-Shahin 

No comments:

Post a Comment