Sunday, February 13, 2022

ALI AMIR-AL-MOMINEEN (A.S.)'S SUPPLICATIONS BEFORE PREPAING FOR SALAAT

 

The Infallible Imam Sadiq (a.s.) narrated the following: The Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali (a.s.) was sitting with his son Muhammad ibnal Hanafiyyah when the Imam asked his son to fetch some water to perform ablution.

 He (a.s.) washed his hands and said, “Praised be the Lord who made water pure and a purifier and not contaminated.” Then he (a.s.), “O Lord! Keep me purified bless me with chastity, protect my dignity (by concealing sins of flesh), and forbid me the fire (of Hell).

He (a.s.) rinsed his mouth and said, “O Lord, let my tongue ever repeat Your Glorious names and count me among those with whom You are pleased.”

He (a.s.) then inhaled water for ritual purification of his nose and said, “Forbid not the fragrance of Heaven for me and hold me among those who are anointed with the fragrance of Paradise.”

When he washed his face, he said, “O lord, make my face effulgent on the Day of Darkness and on the day when faces shine! Do not darken my face.”

He (a.s.) poured water on the right arm and said, “Give into my right hand the Book (of deeds)”

He (a.s.) washed his left arm and said, “O Lord, let not the Book (of deeds) be given to my left hand and let not my arms be tied behind my neck (like a convict). I seek Your protection from Hellfire.”

He (a.s.) touched the top of his head with fingers of his right hand and said, “Shower upon me Your grace, mercy and benevolence.”

He (a.s.) then touched his feet with the fingers and said, “O Lord, strengthen my feet on the when feet falter and make people stumble. Let my struggle and efforts be only to seek Your pleasure. Let every action of mine earn me Your Grace.”

He (a.s.) looked at Muhammad and said, “Whoever imitates me and repeats what I said, shall find an angel for every drop of water that falls during his ablution, glorifying and praising the Lord saying, “Great is Allah other than whom there is no God.” The reward for all this will be written to the credit of the devoted worshipper.”

                Amali by Shaykh al-Saduq p. 23; Bisharat al-Mustafa p. 18

 

                Source: One Thousand Virtues and Merits of Amir al-Momineen Ali ibn Abu Talib by Ali Reza Sabiri Yazdi

No comments:

Post a Comment