Saturday, September 12, 2020

SAYINGS OF THE NOBLE MESSENGER (S.A.W.A.S.) ABOUT IMAM ALI (A.S)


The Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) disclosed the status of the Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali (a.s.) detailed below:

“I and Ali were one light 14,000 years before the creation of Adam, our light was placed in the loins of Adam and travelled up till Abdul Muttalib then it was split into two; one was placed in my father’s (Abdullah) and the other in Abu Talib’s. Two thousand years before the creation of skies, it was written on the door of the Heavens, “There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger and Ali is his brother.” Ali is from me and I am from Ali. There are three “Siddiq” in the Ummahs; Habib Najjar of “Ale Yasin”, Khizqil of Ale Firaun and Ali ibne Abi Talib, and Ali is the best of the three. O Ali, you are to me like Harun was to Musa but that there is no prophet after me. After migration to Madinah, he (s.a.w.a.s.) made brother hood between Muhajir and Ansars and he made Imam Ali as his brother and said, “You are my brother in this world and Hereafter.” Whoever hurts Ali, Allah shall raise him a Jewish or Christian. I am the Warner and Ali is the Guide. As Surah Tawhid is unique in the Glorious Qur’an, likewise Ali is unique in my Ummah. Ali’s love cleanses the sins like fire burns the wood. Wisdom is divided into ten parts and nine were given to Ali. I am the “City of Knowledge and Ali is the gateway”. Ali’s right on my Ummah is like the right of a father on his son. Ali is the best dispenser of justice in my Ummah. “O Ali! You have three superiority which no one else has, not even me. Firstly, you have a father -in-law like me but not given to me. Secondly, you have a wife like my daughter Fatima, which my wife is not comparable to her. Thirdly, you have sons like Hasan and Husayn which I did not get. Whoever wants to see Adam in his knowledge, and Noah in his understanding, and Yahya in his piety and Musa in his dread, he should look at Ali ibne Abi Talib. People do not complain about Ali; he is extremely strict and firm about Islam. Hypocrite will not be friendly with Ali and Momin has no enmity with him. Whoever curses Ali curses me. Looking at Ali’s face is devotion (ibadat). Talking about Ali is devotion (ibadat). Ali your body is my body, your blood is my blood, your heart is my heart, your nafs is my nafs, your soul is my soul. Whenever the golden door of Paradise is knocked, it gives a sound of O Ali O Ali. “O Ali you and your Shiah will be pleased (razi) with Allah, and Allah will be pleased with them. If Allah would not create Ali, there would not be any equal (kufu) for Fatima. The title of the book of momin is the love of Ali. O Ali, on the Day of Judgement you decide who will go to Paradise and to Hell Fire. I fought on the revelation of Qur’an Ali will fight on its interpretation. On the day of Arafat, at the Ghadir-e-Khumm, and many occasions, he (s.a.w.a.s.) recited the historical sermon reminding the Ummah about the Glorious Qur’an and his Ahlul Bayt and directed them to be attached to both. Allah All-mighty spoke to me in the language and accent of Ali during my celestial flight of Ascension (Mai’raj). Allah has created seventy thousand angels from the light of the face of Ali and they will seek repentance for him and his (a.s.) shiahs till the Day of Resurrection. O Ali! Allah elevated me in all the men and after me He elevated you and your infallible progeny and lastly, He elevated Fatima and made her superior to all the women of the world. Allah had appointed vice-gerent for every Messenger; thus, Adam’s vicegerent was Shees, Musa’s vicegerent was Yu’sha, Isa’s vicegerent was Shamoun and my vicegerent is Ali. During the Ascension (Mai’raj) Gabriel told me that if my Ummah unanimously agreed on the Vilayat of Ali, Allah would not have created Hell. O Ali! Anyone who has the age of Noah, has gold equal to the mountain of Uhad, and he spends it in the way of Allah, he performs 1,000 Haj on foot and later killed between Safa and Marwa with oppression; if he does love you (Ali), he will never smell the scent of Paradise!

Out of 161 traditions in the book, we have selected only the above-mentioned ones for dearth of space.
                Source: Kaukab-e-Durri by Sayyid Muhammad Saleh Kashfi al-Tirmizi al-Hanafi

1 comment: