Friday, June 19, 2020

SUPPLICATION FOR SUNDAY BY IMAM ALI, ZAYN AL-ABIDIN (A.S.)


The Infallible Imam Ali, Zayn al-Abidin (a.s.) was the son of the Infallible Imam Husayn (a.s.), the King of Martyrs. Like his illustrious grandfather, the “Gateway of Knowledge”, the Lion of Allah, Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali (a.s.), he used to recite 1,000 rak’at salat every night. That is why, he was given the title of “Gem of Prostrators”.
After the massacre at Karbala, where his father and other 18 members of Banu Hashim were slaughtered, the Imam and other members of Ahlul Bayt (a.s.) were made captive. After his release, he continued the mission of the Noble Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.) and compiled supplications in a book known as “Sahifa Kamilah” or “Sahifa Sajjadiyyah”. The book is referred to as “Gospel of the Folks of the House” and “the Psalms of the Household of Muhammad”.
He had written supplications for the seven days of the week. Following is the supplication for Sunday: 

In the name of God, from whom I hope for nothing but bounty, and from whom I fear nothing but Justice!
I rely only upon His word, And cling only to His cord!
In You I seek sanctuary – O Possessor of pardon and good pleasure – from wrong and enmity, from the changes of time and the recurrence of sorrows, from the striking of mishaps and from the expiration of my term before preparation and readiness.
From You I seek guidance to that wherein is righteousness and being set right.
From You I seek help in that which is linked to success and favorable response.
You I beseech for the garment of well-being and its completion and for the covering of health and its permanence.
I seek refuge in You, my Lord, from the goading of the Satan, and I seek protection in Your sovereignty from the injustice of the sovereigns.
So, accept my past prayers and fasting and make my tomorrow and what is after better than my present hour and my today!
Exalt me in my clan and my people and protect me in my waking and my sleeping!
For You are God, the Best Guardian, and You are the most Merciful of the merciful.
O God, I am quit before You on this day of mine and on all Sundays that follow it of associating others with You and heresy, and I devout my supplication sincerely to You addressing myself to Your response.
So bless Muhammad and the Household of Muhammad, the best of Your creation, the summoner to Your truth, exalt me with Your exaltation, which is never made to suffer loss, protect me with Your eye, which never sleeps, and seal my affair by cutting me off from everything but You and my life with forgiveness!
Surely You are the All-forgiving, the All-compassionate!

No comments:

Post a Comment