Tuesday, September 24, 2019

SERMON OF THE INFALLIBLE IMAM ZAIN-AL-ABEDIN (A.S.) IN YAZID (L.A.)'S COURT


After Praising Allah (s.w.t.), the Imam (a.s.) said, “O people, we were granted six things and favored with seven: We were granted knowledge, clemency, leniency, fluency, courage and love for us in the hearts of the believers. We were favored by the fact that from among us came the chosen Prophet (s.a.w.a.s.), al-Siddiq (the very truthful one), al-Tayyar (the one who flies in the heaven), the Lion of Allah and the Prophet (s.a.w.a.s.), the mistress of the women of the world Fatima, the chaste, and both lords of the youths of Heaven from among this nation.

Whoever recognizes me knows me, and whoever does not recognize, let me tell him who I am and to what family I belong: I am the son of Makkah and Mina; I am the son of Zamzam and al-Safa, I am the son of the one who carried zakat in the ends of the mantle; I am the son of the best man who ever put on sandals and walked barefooted; I am the son of the best man who ever made tawaf (circumbulation around Ka’ba) and Sa’i (running seven times between Safa and Marwa); I am the son of the best man who ever offered the Hajj and pronounced talbiya (Here I am at your service); I am the son of the one who was transported on the Buraq in the air; I am the son of the one who was made to travel from the Sacred Mosque to the Remote Mosque, so Glory belongs to Him who made (His servant) travel; I am the son of the one who was taken by Gabriel to Sidarat ul- Muntaha, I am the son of the one who drew near (his Lord) and suspended, so he was the measure of two bows or closer still, I am the son of the one who led the angels of the heavens in prayer; I am the son of the one to whom the Almighty revealed what He revealed; I am the son of Muhammad al-Mustafa; I am the son of Ali al-Murtaza. I am the son of the one who struck (the enemy) with two swords before Allah’s Apostle (s.a.w.a.s.), emigrated twice, pledged allegiance twice (to the Prophet), prayed in the two Qiblas, and fought (against the unbelievers) at Badr and Hunayn and never disbelieved in Allah not even as much as the twinkling of an eye. I am the son of the best of the believers, the heir of the prophets, the destroyer of the unbelievers, the Commander of the Muslims, the light of the Mujahidin, the ornament of the worshipers, the crown of the weepers, the most patient of the patient, and the best of the steadfast from among the family of Yasin, and the Messenger of the Lord of the world’s inhabitants. I am the son of the one who was backed by Gabriel, supported by Mikael.
I am the son of the one  who defended the Muslims, the breaker of aggressors, the destroyer of the atheists, the tongue of the wisdom of worshipers, the supporter of the religion of Allah, the garden of the wisdom of Allah, the container of the knowledge of Allah, tolerant, generous, benevolent, pure, satisfied, intrepid, gallant, patient, fasting, refined, steadfast, courageous, honored, the severer of the backbones, the scatterer of the allies,  the calmest of them, the boldest of them in tongue, the firmest of them in determination, the most powerful of them, a lion, brave, the possessor of the miracle, the father of the two grandsons (of the Prophet) al-Hasan and al-Husayn, the one who manifested miracles, the piercing meteor, the victorious lion of Allah, the request of every seeker, such is my grandfather Ali bin Abi Talib. I am the son of Fatima, the chaste and Mistress of the women, I am the son of the Purified. I am the son of the part of the Messenger (s.a.w.a.s.). I am the son of the one who was covered with blood. I am the son of the one who was slaughtered at Karbala. I am the son of the one for whom Jinn wept in the dark, and for whom the birds cried in the air.”
Fearing a revolt, Yazid (l.a.) ordered Adhan to be recited. The Imam repeated every part of Adhan, when the Muaddhin said, “Ashhadu Anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah”, the Imam turned toward Yazid (l.a.) and asked him, “Yazid, is Muhammad your grandfather or mine? If you say that he is yours, then you are a liar, and if you say that he is mine, then why did you kill his family?”

                Source: The Life of Imam Zayn al-Abedin (a.s.) by Baqir Shareef al-Qurashi


No comments:

Post a Comment