Monday, September 10, 2018

MASTER OF MARTYRS, IMAM HUSAYN (A.S.)'S MIGRATION FROM MAKKAH TO KARBALA


In my earlier article titled “King of Martyrs Imam Husayn (a.s.)’s Migration from Madinah to Makkah”. The present article covers his (a.s.) migration to Karbala.

Following into the foot-steps of the Noble Prophet (s.a.w.a.s.) and his illustrious father, Imam Ali (a.s.) encompassing moral, ethical and spiritual standards, Imam Husayn (a.s.) avoided direct conflict and bloodshed. All his actions were open and transparent free of deceit. The Makkans received him (a.s.) with love and reverence as they remembered the Noble Prophet (s.a.w.a.s.) showed enormous love to his grandsons (a.s.). More and more Muslims arriving for the impending Hajj were gathering around him. He continued to preach piety according to Islam.

While still in Madinah, he had received more than 12,000 letters from the Muslims of Kufa who were disgusted with the oppressive rule of Umayyads and ignorance of the governors in religious matters. Letters signed by Shibath bin Riby, Hajjaj bin Abjur, Yazid bin Harith, Urwa bin Qeis etc. laid emphasis on rescuing the oppressed and render justice. Imam Husayn (a.s.) replied to them saying, “…..I understood your unanimous declaration that you have no Imam for your guidance. I am sending my cousin Muslim son of Aqeel. If he writes to me that most of you are desirous of following the right path and supporting the truth, and if the wise and virtuous ones agree with you, then I shall be among you, God willing. I should enlighten your minds with the fact that an Imam or true guide is the one who acts according to the Divine percepts, keeps himself steady on the path of justice and righteousness, and binds himself with the laws laid down by God and His Prophet.”

At Mina, Imam Husayn (a.s.) delivered a historical sermon surveying the prevalent situation of the Ummah. Extracts from his long sermon are: “You are fully aware of the tyranny of Mu’awiya and Yazid. I ask you to bear witness to what I say, write it down, remember and propagate my message to everyone in your tribe, village, town and city. I am doing this because I apprehend that the truth will be buried, and falsehood will be made to prevail over the truth. But God has promised to protect His Light, though the infidels may dislike it.” After Glorifying Allah and reciting numerous Qur’anic verses which were revealed about the “Ahlul Bayt (a.s.)” Imam Husayn (a.s.) inquired from the huge crowd about the truth of his questions and the crowd spontaneously confirmed.
He asked, “Is not Muhammad Messenger of Allah?” Crowd, “Certainly”. He asked, “Is not Fatima the only child of the Prophet and that she is the Chief of the women in Paradise? Crowd, “Indeed it is as you say.” He asked, “Is not Ali cousin and the deputy of the Prophet? Have you not heard the Prophet say, when he created a bond of brotherhood between his followers that Ali was a brother to him, like Aron (Harun) was to Moses (Musa)? The people said, “We bears witness that what you say is true.” He asked, “Am I not the son of Ali and Fatima?” They replied, “Indeed you are so.” He asked, “Have you not heard the Prophet say that I and my brother Hasan are the masters of the youth in Paradise?” People replied, “We are witnesses to what you have said.” He asked, “Is it not true that when the Prophet constructed the mosque, he had all the doors closed except the one leading to the house of Ali and Fatima, and when Umar wanted to open a chink in the wall of his house so that he could peep into the mosque, the Prophet sternly forbid it?” They replied, “It was so.” He asked, “Is it not true that on the Day of Mubahaila with the Christians, the Prophet took my mother Fatima to represent women, my father Ali to represent men and I and my brother Hasan to represent children of the Prophet? This Prophet did in accordance with what was revealed to him by God? They said, “Indeed, it is true.” He asked, “Have you not the Prophet say that Fatima, Ali, Hasan and Husayn are from me and I am from them and that they are my Ahlul Bayt? Have you not heard the Prophet say that ‘one who loves my Ahlul Bayt loves me and one who loves me loves Allah, and he who opposes my Ahlul Bayt opposes me and he who opposes me opposes Allah? The people said, “We affirm the truthfulness of what you said.” The Imam said, “I make it obligatory on all of you gathered here to repeat what you all heard from me now, to your kith and kin, friends and acquaintances, in villages, towns and cities, and where ever you find two believers gathered at one place.”

On 20th Dhul Quadah, Imam Husayn (a.s.) received a letter from Hazrat Muslim stating that more than one a lakh of Muslims in Kufa had sworn fealty to him and that the Imam may proceed to Kufa. On hearing the reports of Hazrat Muslim’s popularity, Yazid ordered to kill Hazrat Muslim along with other influential leaders of Kufa and sent a contingent headed by Amr bin Sa’eed bin A’s with strict instruction to kill Imam Husayn (a.s.) in the precints of the Holy Ka’ba. On learning this and to protect the sanctity Allah’s House, Imam Husayn (a.s.) performed Umra and left Makkah.

               Source: (al-Islam.org) The Hidden Truth About Karbala by A.K.Ahmed

No comments:

Post a Comment