Tuesday, December 19, 2017

PROPHET ISA (A.S.) IN THE GLORIOUS QUR'AN

Jesus Christ has been referred in the Glorious Qur’an as Prophet Isa (a.s.)
When Prophet Isa (a.s.) was born without a father, Hazrat Maryam (s.a.) pointed towards the new born, then he (a.s.) said, “I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Book and has appointed me a Prophet. He has blessed me no matter where I dwell, commanded me to worship Him and pay the religious tax (Zakat) for as long as I live. He has commanded me to be good to my mother and did not make me an arrogant, rebellious person. I was born with peace and I shall die and be brought to life with peace. Worship Allah who is my Lord as well as yours.” (Maryam: 30-36)
“We gave the Book to Moses (Musa) and made the Messengers follow in his path. To Jesus (Isa), the son of Mary (Maryam), We gave the miracles and supported him by the Holy Spirit.” (Baqarah :87)
“The unbelievers plotted, and Allah planned, but Allah is much better planner; He told Jesus (Isa), “I will save you from your enemies, raise you to Myself, keep you clean from the association with the unbelievers, and give superiority to your followers over the unbelievers until the Day of Judgment. To Allah the case of Jesus (Isa) is as that of Adam whom He created from the earth and then said, “Exist” and Adam came into existence.” (Imran :55,59)   
“….and their statement that they murdered Jesus (Isa), son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah, when, in fact, they could not have murdered him or crucified him. They, in fact, murdered someone else by mistake. Even those who disputed did not have a shred of evidence. All that they knew about it was mere conjecture. They certainly could not have murdered Jesus (Isa). Allah raised him up to Himself. Allah is Majestic and All-Wise.” (Nisa: 157)
“People of the Book, do not exceed the limits of devotion in your religion or say anything about Allah which is not the Truth. Jesus (Isa), son of Mary, is only a Messenger of Allah, His Word, and a spirit from Him whom He conveyed to Mary. So, have faith in Allah and His Messengers. Do not say that there are three (gods). It is better for you to stop believing in the Trinity. Allah is only One Lord. He is free of all defects; how can He have a son? To Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth. Allah alone is a sufficient guardian for all. “(Nisa :171)
“Jesus (Isa), the son of Mary, was no more than a Messenger before whom there lived many other Messengers. His mother was a truthful woman, and both ate earthly food.” (Ma’idah: 75)
“We gave some of Our Messengers preference over others. To some of them Allah spoke, and He raised the rank of some others. We gave authoritative proofs of Jesus (Isa), son of Mary, and supported him by the Holy Spirit. (Baqarah: 253)
“When Allah asked Jesus, son of Mary, “Did you tell men to consider you and your mother as their gods beside Allah? He replied, Glory be to You! How could I say what I have no right to say? Had I ever said it, You would have certainly known about it. You know what is in my soul, but I do not know what is in Yours. It is You who has absolute knowledge of the unknown.” (Ma’idah: 116)
“We made Jesus, son of Mary, follow in the foot-steps (of the earlier Prophets) and confirm what existed in the Torah (Taurayt) in his time. We gave him the Gospel (Injeel) containing guidance and light, as a confirmation of the Torah and instruction and advice for the pious ones.” (Ma’idah:46)
“Some of the Jews have said that Ezra is the son of Allah and Christians have said the same of Jesus. This is only what they say, and it is like what the unbelievers who lived before them had said.” (Taubah:30)

“When Jesus came with clear proof (in support of his truthfulness), he said, “I have come to you with wisdom to clarify for you some of the matters in which you dispute. Have fear of Allah and obey me. Allah is your Lord and my Lord, so worship Him. This is the right path.” (Zukhruf: 63)

No comments:

Post a Comment