Wednesday, October 22, 2014

TWELVE KHALIFAS IN SUNNI BOOKS AND THE BIBLE

The Shia Faith of Twelve Infallible Imams has also been reported in our Sunni brother’s numerous books of Traditions, but we have restricted our attention here to “Sahah Sittah”. Sahih is the root word for Sahah which means Correct or Truthful. Sittah is the Arabic numeral for six.
In “Sahih al-Bukhari”, it is reported on the authority of Jabir ibn Samurah that he said: “I heard that the Noble Prophet (s.a.w.a.s.) said: “There will be Twelve Commanders”. He says that He (s.a.w.a.s.) said something I did not hear, so my father told me that they will be from Quraish.” (Sahih al-Bukhari: Kitab al-Ahkam, volume 8, page 127 and Masnad Ahmad bin Hanbal: volume5, page 93)
In “Sahih Muslim”, it is reported; it is reported on the authority of Jabir ibn Samurah that he said: “I entered the presence of the Noble Prophet (s.a.w.a.s.) with my father. I heard Him (s.a.w.a.s.) saying: “Surely this command will not end until there will be Twelve Successors (Khalifas)” He said that He (s.a.w.a.s.) said something quietly, so I asked my father, “What did He (s.a.w.a.s.) say?” He replied, they are all from Quraish” (Sahih Muslim: volume 6, page 3)
In “Sunan al-Tirmidhi” the Noble Prophet (s.a.w.a.s.) said: “There will be Twelve Commanders after me.” The reporter said that He (s.a.w.a.s.) said something I did not understand. Therefore, I asked someone beside me, he said: “All of them will be from Quraish.” (Sunan al-Tirmidhi: volume 3, page 340)   
In “Sunan abi Dawood” is narrated by Jabir ibn Samurah saying the Noble Prophet (s.a.w.a.s.) said: “The religion will continue to be established till there are Twelve Caliphs over you, and the whole community will agree on each of them. And then He (s.a.w.a.s.) made some remarks I did not understand, I asked my father, what did He (s.a.w.a.s.) said, he replied; all of them will belong to Quraish.” (Sunan Abi Dawood: book 31, number 4266)
In “The New English Bible” It is mentioned in the Genesis 17, 19-20 “I have heard your prayer for Ishmael. I have blessed him and will make him fruitful. I will multiply his descendants; he shall be father of Twelve Princes; and I will raise a great nation from him.” Neither is these 12 princes the 12 founders of the 12 tribes of Israel, for they were from Isaac or Ishaque (a.s.) nor they were the 12 Arabs mentioned later on in the Bible, for they were not men of authority in the way of Princes. They are the Twelve Khalifas of Allah that followed the Noble Prophet (s.a.w.a.s.) after whom the Twlever Shias are named, and whose names adorn the Mosque of their Grand Father in Madinah to this day!
Sources used:
Principles of Faith                                                     by Ayatullah al-Uzmah Husayn Vahid Khorasani
Khalifah Islamiah                                                      by Syuab bin Saleh Blogdpot.com

26brinkster.com/SDOLshah1/watti.html

No comments:

Post a Comment