Wednesday, May 21, 2014

INFALLIBLE IMAM ALI ZAIN-AL-ABEDIN (A.S.)'S SUPPLICATION FOR CHILDREN

Infallible Imams, the Progeny of the Noble Prophet (s.a.w.s.) were free of any shortcomings. All supplications put forth by them were for the Muslims showing them as to how to pray for different needs and problems of life.
He had showed us to pray on 54 topics in the Zuboor-e-Ale Muhammad, Sahifa-Sajjadia or also called Sahifa-e-Kamila. One of his supplications is “the prayer of Children for their Parents”. And another one is “the Parent’s supplication for children” which is reproduced below:
O Allah! Be kind to me through the survival of my children, setting them right for me, and allowing me to enjoy them.
O Allah! Make long their lives for me, increase their terms, bring up the smallest for me, strengthen the weakest for me, rectify for me their bodies, their religious dedication, and their moral traits, make them well in their souls, their limbs, and everything that concerns me of their affairs, and pour out for me and upon my hand their provisions.
Make them pious, fearing, insightful, hearing and obedient toward You, loving and well-disposed toward Your friends, and stubbornly resistant and full of hate for all Your enemies! Amen
O Allah! Through them strengthened my arms , straighten my burdened back,  multiply my number, adorn my presence, keep alive my mention, suffice me when I am away, help me in my needs, and make them loving toward me, affectionate, approaching, upright, obedient, never disobedient, disrespectful, opposed or offender!
Help me in their upbringing, their education, and my devotion toward them, give me among them from yourself male children, make that a good for me, and make them a help for me in that which I ask from You .
Give me and my progeny refuge from the Accursed Shaitan, for You have created us, commanded us, and prohibited us, and made us desire the reward of what You have commanded, and fear its punishment! You assigned to us an enemy who schemes against us, gave him an authority over us in a way that You did not give authority over him, allowed him to dwell in our hearts and let him run in our blood vessels; he is not heedless, though we be heedless, he does not forget, though we forget, he makes us feel secure from Your punishment and fills us with fear toward other than You.
If we are about to commit an indecency, he gives us courage to do so, and if we are about to perform a righteous deed, he holds us back from it. He opposes us through passions, and sets up for us doubts. If he promises us, he lies, and if he raises our hopes, he fails to fulfill them. If You do not turn his trickery away from us, he will misguide us, and if You do not protect us from his corruption, he will cause us to slip.
O Allah! So defeat his authority over us through Your authority, such that You hold him back from us through the frequency of our supplication to You and we leave his trickery and rise up among those preserved by You from sin.
O Allah! Grant me my every request, accomplish for me my needs, withhold not from me Your response when You have made Yourself accountable for it to me, do not stop my supplication from you, when You have commanded me to make it, and be kind to me through everything that will set me right in this world and the next, in everything that I remember or forget, display or conceal, make public or kept secret!
In all of this, place me through my asking You through You  among those who set things right, those who are answered favorably when they request from you and from whom is not withheld when they put their trust in You, those accustomed to seek refuge in You, those who profit from commerce with You, those granted sanctuary through Your Might, those who are given lawful provision from You by Your boundless bounties, through Your Munificence and Generosity, those who reach exaltation after abasement through You, those granted sanctuary from wrong through Your Justice, those released from affliction through Your Mercy, those delivered from need after poverty through Your Riches, those preserved from sins, slips, and offences through reverential  fear toward You, those successful in goodness, right conduct and propriety through obeying You, those walled off from sins through Your Power, the refrainers from every act of disobedience toward You, the dwellers in Your neighborhood!
O Allah! Give me all of that through Your bestowal of success and Your Mercy, grant us refuge from chastisement of the burning, and give to all the Muslims, male and female, and to all the faithful, male and female, the like of what I have asked for myself and my children, in the immediate of this world, and the deferred of the next!
Verily, You are the Near, the Responder, the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing, the Pardoner, the Forgiving, the Clement, the Merciful!

And give to us in this world good, and in the next world good, and protect us from the chastisement of Fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment