Thursday, October 25, 2012

IMAM HUSSAYN (A.S.)'S DUA AT ARAFAH


Following are the extracts from Dua by Imam Hussayn (a.s.) at Arafah during Hajj:
Praised be to Allah Whose determination cannot be repelled by anything, Whose gifts cannot be stopped by anything, Whose making cannot be resembled by the making of anyone. He is the All-Magnanimous, the All liberal. He originated the genus of the wonderfully created things and He perfected the made things by His Wisdom. All growing things cannot be hidden from Him and all things deposited with Him shall never be wasted. He is also the Hearer of the prayers, the Warder-off of anguishes, the Raiser of ranks, and the Suppressor of the tyrants. There is no god other than Him, and there is nothing equivalent to Him, and He is the All Hearing, the All-seeing, the All-gentle, the All-aware, and He has power over all things. O Allah, I willingly desire for You, and I testify to the Lordship of You, confessing that You are verily my Lord and to You shall be my return. You had begun bestowing on me before I was any thing worth mentioning, and You created me from dust. You then put me up in the loins, (making me) from vicissitudes of time, and change of ages and years. I was moving from a loin to a womb through out the passage of the past days and the ancient ages. You have safeguarded me in the cradle as a child. You have given me into the charge of merciful mothers. So, exalted be You, O All- merciful, O All-beneficent. When I commenced (my life) by pronouncing words, You perfected for me the affluent bestowals, and brought me up with increase every year. When my creation was accomplished, You put me under the obligation of Your Claim, You inspired with the recognition of You, and alarmed me by the wonders of Your wisdom, and You aroused in me that which You created in Your heavens and lands, which is the excellent creation of You. You attracted my attentions to thank and mention You. You made obligatory on me to obey and worship You. You made me understand that with which Your Apostles came.
So, if I pray You, You will respond to me; and if I beg You, You will give me; and if I obey You, You will thank me; and if thank You, You will give me more. All that is completion of Your favors for me, and Your kindness to me. So, all glory be to You. You are verily Originator, and Reproducer (of the creation) and worthy of all praise and full of all glory. Holy be Your Names as your bounties are immeasurable. Which of Your favors, O my God, can I count in numbers and examples? Or which of Your gifts can I thank properly? They are, O my Lord, too numerous to be counted by counters, or to be realized by memorizers. And I bear witness, O my God, with true belief, and the fortitude of the determination of my convictions and the purity of my open belief in Your Oneness and the essence of the secrets of my conscience, and the ties of the canals of the light of my sight, and the lines of my forehead and the hallows of the courses of my breath, and the (nasal) cavities of my nose, and the courses of the meatus of my hearing, and whatever my two lips hide and cover up, and the motions of the vocalization of my tongue, and the socket of my palate of my mouth and jaw, and the matrices of my dents, and the tasting of my food and my drink, and the carrier of my skill, and the tube of the tissues of the neck and what is included by the cloak of my chest, and the carriers of the cord of my aorta, and the cords of the pericardium of heart, and the pieces of the retinues of my liver, and that which is included by the cartilages of my ribs, and the cavities of my joints, and the interacting of my organisms, and the extremes of my fingertips, and my flesh and my blood, and my hair and my skin, and my nerve, and my sinews, and my bones, and my brain, and my veins, and all my organs, and that which was pieced together during the days of my suckling, and whatever of my body that the ground carries, and my sleeping, and my wakefulness, and my motionlessness, and the movements of my bowing and prostrations (by all that I bear witness) that if I try my best and strive through out all ages and all times, if I live them, to thank properly only one of yours, I will not be able to do that, except through a favor of You, which also requires me to thank You for it, once again with new thanking and with praise that is newly acquired.
May Allah send His blessings to His select Muhammad, the Seal of Prophets, and upon his Household, the pure, immaculate, and well chosen, and may He send benedictions upon them.
O Allah, (please) make me fear You as if I can see You. Do not make me unhappy by disobeying You. O Allah, (please) make my richness in my conscience, conviction in my heart, sincerity in my deeds, light in my sight, and insight in my religion. Help me against calamities of ages and changes of nights and days, rescue me from the horrors of this world and the anguishes of the Hereafter, and save from the evils of what the wrongdoers do in the earth. (please) do not cause me to die while You are wrathful with me and do not inflict on me Your rage. You have right to scold, You have right to scold. There is no god save You; Lord of the Holy City, the Holy Monument, and the Ancient House that You have encompassed with blessings and made security for people.
O He, Who pardoned the great sins by His Forbearance, O He Who bestowed bounties by His favoring! O He Who gave in abundance by His generosity! O my means in my hardship! O my companion in my loneliness! O my relief in my agony! O my benefactor in my amenities! O my god and god of my forefathers!

No comments:

Post a Comment